Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summer Card Class - Week 2

I am so glad that I decided to take this Summer Card class because it's gotten me back into making cards and playing with new techniques and most importantly, excited about the process again. This week we were given this color combo to work with:



I tried a technique that I've seen floating around the internet (if anyone knows where it originated, please let me know so I can give proper credit). I took the 5 inkpads that I thought came closest to this week's color combo and smeared some ink from each in a pinwheel pattern onto my non-stick craft sheet which I purchased awhile ago on Jennifer McGuire's recommendation. Boy, do I love that craft sheet! Anyway, after putting the ink on the craft sheet, I sprayed it with a little water to blend the inks together a bit and used this ink to stamp with my Mehndi medallion stamp (or, as my sis calls it, the "Mindy" medallion stamp!). Love how it turned out even though the ink/water combo pooled in a few places. I tried it a few times without spraying the ink with water and that wasn't quite as pretty so I stuck with the pooled ink. I will be trying this technique again. It's hard to see but I used my new Damask impression plate on the Scarlet Jewel CS - it's beautiful and I know I'll be using the Damask impression plate again and again.




Credits:

Stamps - PTI Mehndi medallion, Gracious Vases
Dies - Spellbinders nestabilities circles, Spellbinders ribbon tags, PTI Damask impression plate
Cardstock - PTI Vintage cream and Scarlet Jewel
Ink - SU Mellow Moss & Old Olive, Adirondack Butterscotch & Cranberry, Ranger Beach Ball yellow
Ribbon - PTI Fine Linen Satin

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love that 'Mindy' medallion. And is the sentiment from Gracious Vases?--beautiful font. That one is on my wishlist too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, love this stamp! What does PTI stand for? Love how you used the colors with the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! Can't wait to get my hands on the medallion set - I won it in a prize pack!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney - PTI stands for Papertrey Ink (www.papertreyink.com) which is my favorite stamp company that makes incredible products. Totally addicted to PTI products!

    ReplyDelete