Monday, July 6, 2009

Summer Salad



I made this salad today for lunch. It was so very yummy and easy that I thought I'd share it. Plus, it's healthy - can't beat that combo! I didn't measure the fruit - just put on what looked good. I put the finished salads in the freezer for a few minutes while we were waiting for the salmon to finish on the grill and the little extra chill was perfect. When I brought the plates out, Jameson said "that is so pretty and looks delicious so you need to take a picture of it!". Guess I have him well trained!

Summer Strawberry Salad (from Simple and Delicious July/August 2009)

1 bag of hearts of romaine salad mix
3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1/2 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
1/4 cup mandarin oranges, drained
1/4 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup poppy seed dressing

Arrange salad mix on plates. Top with strawberries, pineapple, mandarin oranges, blueberries. Sprinkle with pecans. Drizzle with dressing. Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment